Factory Monsoon deck question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has any one tried installing a Monsoon deck out of a Camaro in there truck? I know it has different mounting set up and im unsure about the plug style. Any info is greatly appreciated

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If i remember correctly the monsoon decks use an external amp so I don't think it would work

rightisray

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It would work just fine, provided you pulled the entire system (head unit, speakers, amp and wiring) to install in your truck.

rightisray

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Personally, I think you would have better luck in the long run going with all Aftermarket ...
Agreed. Having owned a 2001 Grand Am with the Monsoon system, I can quite confidently say that the Monsoon system was pure marketing gimmick. The amps are low end and the speakers used in the systems are still the same crappy paper coned speakers that you find in the regular speakers that GM uses.

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks all! I just saw a head unit for cheap so I was kust wondering. I still have my factory deck for now but I have all infinity speakers already with 2 amps all wired up just waiting on a new deck. My last one died...