Engine oil cooler delete question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

man-a-fre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm sitting on 6 cases of 1036 napa golds with the good anti drainback valves ,another reason why i want to keep the horizonal style adapter, because i'm stocked up .Done deal knocked out the valve, plugged cooler ports with 3/8 plugs works fantastic.

Last edited:

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ended up with the
Same filter i run on my race car but crossed to wix since i had a oil psi drop from a delco once. Ill post pic of my truck with full size filter and never any issues. Oil temp is something we watched close on dyno and anything above 180 would lose power rather than gain but below 145 was same way so optimal for what we was doing was 150ish
I ended up with the
delco because it was what they had in stock and my cooler was puking oil badly so I had to do it right that moment.
I think there was a tsb about changing from a Delco to Fram on the stock setup in order to cure cold start rattle/piston slap but I will never use another Fram filter again.
I always cut em open and Ive seen to many failures from the glue in element and just general poor workmanship and quality control.
They claim they have solved all of the Q.C. problems they were known for but
they havent

badco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow im actually impressed, this is first time i have heard of someone cutting filter open. I do mine also but its a habit i got from all the engine dyno'n

badco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You sure something else wasn't changing with oil pressure and causing that? Sure seems counterintuitive.
I can get a video from next time im there to help dyno. Always uses a cheap filter to break in and 8 out of 10 will lose about half its oil psi before the 15min mark. As soon as a wix or even k&n oil filter on it oil psi back and after 20- 40 pulls it still has good psi

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I can get a video from next time im there to help dyno. Always uses a cheap filter to break in and 8 out of 10 will lose about half its oil psi before the 15min mark. As soon as a wix or even k&n oil filter on it oil psi back and after 20- 40 pulls it still has good psi

I meant temp, not pressure sorry.