Engine mount question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dylan5299

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does having the transmission not mounted have anything to do with my engine sagging? I just bought this truck with no tranny and I was trying to get the fuel lines off but there's no way because it's sagging so low. Do I need new mounts? Thanks for the help.
You must be registered for see images attach

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Without the trans , yeah the engine will hang down. Be careful of the distributor, but looks to be MIA. A block of wood and a floor jack carefully placed and you can push the engine up

dylan5299

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without the trans , yeah the engine will hang down. Be careful of the distributor, but looks to be MIA. A block of wood and a floor jack carefully placed and you can push the engine up
No it's there haha it's sagging that far. It's not against the firewall though just pretty damn close. But Thank you for your answer

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I use a ratchet strap rated for at least 500 pounds across the frame rails and under the oil pan to support an engine or tranny.