Emergency Brake Repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The ebrake on the ricer doesn't work so today I tried to tighten it up and the cable just fell apart so I tried to jimmy it with some redneck stuff and none of that worked so I am either going to seek out a new cable or just slap a line lock in there. I'm thinking the line lock will be the cheaper out.

Does anyone know of an aftermarket cable that doesn't jam up as easy as factory or any other e brake secrets?

Gotta get this thing going so I can FINALLY get an inspection. I'm considering a light rebuild on the drums (I hate drum brakes) and doing my locker while I'm at it.

I'll post pics whatever ends up happening but someone has to have some advice!

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Ricers is his 1999 GMC ECSB Z71 with a built/supercharged 6.0 in it with painted interior and black lights... hence why its called "The Ricer"

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
The Ricers is his 1999 GMC ECSB Z71 with a built/supercharged 6.0 in it with painted interior and black lights... hence why its called "The Ricer"

not just black lights... black ebay projector style headlights and bumper lights........ still a bad ass truck though

mike, my guess would be going to napa or advance and finding a stock replacement.. i really dont know what the jamming up problem is though, i havent had any problems with mine (yet)