Drunkcanuks build...... finally!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya, I came across that today.
A bit out of my budget for now. Nevermind all the parts that go along to get it running in the truck.
Realistically, my budget is $2500-3000.
By not going silly off the hop, it should be doable. Get one in and running, then mess with a cam during its first winter.
I agree I wouldn’t spend over $900 unless I could test drive it! That’s why I buy parts truck/van donors so I can test drive them before swapping. Nothing worse than doing a swap and realizing the engine or trans is pouched, it’s too big of a risk.

Also although the 4L80E is vastly superior to its little brother I would still think of a rebuild at 200,000 as preventative maintenance. Pay me now or pay me later!

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks....it was awesome seeing it on the ground and outside, even if it was just to sweep the garage out.
Gotta get it cleaned out, registered and aligned. Then it will be out a lot more.
That is how I felt when I pulled mine out on Wednesday with the new wheels on.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those wheels are different....but different is good!!! I'm glad you got it rolling, at least temporarily. If it's not one thing it's another with these beasts
Did you ever take the spacer out of yours?
No spacer on mine. Going to put some hard miles on it and hope it settles. Until then she’s squatin’!