Drop spindle question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought a set of drop spindles for my 1990 single cab
Will they work on an 1998 extended cab?
I want to say i heard some where that they are different or something.
I know i used a different rotor or something like that.
Its been so long!

Im going away from my single cab to an extended cab.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Yep! Different. Small rotor on the early trucks. Only thing to do, to do it right, is to sell 'em to someone that can use 'em then get the right ones. Don't really wanna be using the little rotors on an excab.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Yep! Different. Small rotor on the early trucks. Only thing to do, to do it right, is to sell 'em to someone that can use 'em then get the right ones. Don't really wanna be using the little rotors on an excab.

or do like me and run the big ones on a regular cab :)

sent from the c1500 Denali

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
you can swap the rotors and calipers and wheel bearings over to the heavy duty version of the spindle.. but most guys order the correct spindle to avoid this. (including me)

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So just use all the parts from the ext cab on these spindles?
As long as its safe i think thats what ill be doing.
I plan on getting slotted, drilled rotors and upgraded pads.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
So just use all the parts from the ext cab on these spindles?
As long as its safe i think thats what ill be doing.
I plan on getting slotted, drilled rotors and upgraded pads.

the parts from the extended cab probably won't fit those spindles. the spindles you have probably require the one inch thick rotor that has a smaller center bore. the extended cab should have the 1.25 inch thick (I believe) rotors with the larger center bore. which also require different calipers/pads. see what happened with my spindles I bought them used and the part number on the back corresponds with the smaller rotors/calipers, but they didn't fit so I bought new rotors, wheel bearings, calipers, and pads to make them work. all the brake stuff I bought was for rpo code f44 brakes. can you tell us what the part number on the back of the spindle is and the brand if you know. which in your case if they are for the smaller brakes it would be a downgrade on your truck, mine however was an upgrade since I got all the bigger stuff and now my front brakes are 100% new :rocking:

sent from the c1500 Denali