Drivers window not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My drivers side window works intermittently. It works most of the time, but sometimes it's unresponsive. Looking for a place to start and common problems. Any ideas?

Thanks

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
have you fed the little squirrel that makes the squeeky thing go up and down? if not, i'd try there first. if he's good to go, try the switch connection

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
It could be a bad connection at the switch, could be a bad motor, rip your damn door panel off and get all mad scientist on that ****. That's how I learn.

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I was just wondering if there was a common issue. I realize that it's either the switch/connector or the reg/motor. Replaced plenty of them on other vehicles. I just was wondering if the switches commonly go out, or if there is a connection that often frays/shorts/etc.

Where it works intermittently it makes it a little harder to identify.

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
Well, I was just wondering if there was a common issue. I realize that it's either the switch/connector or the reg/motor. Replaced plenty of them on other vehicles. I just was wondering if the switches commonly go out, or if there is a connection that often frays/shorts/etc.

If it works at times, check your wiring. I'm almost positive it's a bad connection.

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score

mostly, my intermitten issues have been ****** connections w the switch.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine was a broken wire or two. I fixed one wire but it still only works when it wants to. I have another harness ready to put in, just need the time.

My broken wire was at the plug in the kick panel....