Door panel trim adhesive question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Carlaisle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have successfully separated the original piece of fabric covered trim from the upper part of the main door panel (95-00) and intend to replace it with a different one. What adhesive should I use to install this? The original was attached with some kind of industrial adhesive that could easily have defeated an air hammer. It's some impressive stuff - zero degradation after 22 years of automotive interior punishment. Is the regular 3M trim adhesive that comes in yellow and black a good choice or is there a better option?

Carlaisle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@sewlow I was hoping you would see this and share your expertise. You got it in spite of my inadequate description. It's late to the party, but the subject is below. I would not have thought to use PL400 for this application. Is there any way to remove that if I ever want/need to change it in the future?

Separate question: is there any source for GM's late model GMT400 interior fabrics? I would like to use it for some accent pieces if it can be sourced.

You must be registered for see images attach

JOHNGAAA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You need to use 3m headliner adhesive. The 3m trim adhesive bleeds through the fabric and the 3m headliner adhesive does not.