Escalade door panel wood trim removal help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I am going to a j/y Thursday or Friday to grab parts off of an Escalade and the wood trim on the door panels are still there. How would I go about removing them? I read on a thread on here that they bolt into the door. What size nut holds them on? Would rather just bring a couple of sockets instead of hauling my heavy tool set out there.

Thanks!

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am going to a j/y Thursday or Friday to grab parts off of an Escalade and the wood trim on the door panels are still there. How would I go about removing them? I read on a thread on here that they bolt into the door. What size nut holds them on? Would rather just bring a couple of sockets instead of hauling my heavy tool set out there.

Thanks!
8&10 mm bolts and nuts on the backside of the door panel. Bring a small flat blade screw driver to help persuade them off the door panel if you need to.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Stephen

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks!
Is this a 99/ 2000 Escalade? I would like to get those if they will also fir my 96 Crew Cab

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Is this a 99/ 2000 Escalade? I would like to get those if they will also fir my 96 Crew Cab
If it's just the top part, they will with a little work. But the lower part of the panel is different, since the Escalade and Denali use the Tahoe style door instead of the full bottom Suburban door that the crew cabs use. Another advantage to having the trucks like mine, most parts are interchangeable.

Stephen

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess that drilling holes in my existing door panels to accept the Escalade trim would be the trick. I think the "nuts " that hold the trim piece to the Escalade panel are the kind made of thin metal and not machines but die stamped. I have seen them on other trim parts and care must be taken in removing them or the palstic "stud" would break of the trim piece.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess that drilling holes in my existing door panels to accept the Escalade trim would be the trick. I think the "nuts " that hold the trim piece to the Escalade panel are the kind made of thin metal and not machines but die stamped. I have seen them on other trim parts and care must be taken in removing them or the palstic "stud" would break of the trim piece.
Do you have a picture of the Escalade panels you're talking about? You shouldn't have to drill anything.

Stephen

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the rear door trim. . 3 plastic studs with a threaded insert on each end for a machine screw. Drilling is required unless the holes we made in when the panels were made. I found that by pressing the trim piece up against the panle it would leave an impression in the fabric showing where the holes were needed. I bought these off EBAY but he screws and nuts were not included but I have an ACE Hardware near me that is huge. If they don't have it you don't need it. They carrry stuff that HD or Lowe's doesn't. Called Handy Ace Hardware. If you live in the Atlanta area and an item is needed that no others have they are the Go To place. I am going by there tomorrow and they should have what I need. I will post pics of what is needed.

Attachments

• IMG_3986.jpg
    IMG_3986.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3984.jpg
    IMG_3984.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3987.jpg
    IMG_3987.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just a matter of lining them up n drilling some holes. I think the ends of the trim has bolts, and the cheesy sheet metal nuts for the rest.

I got a set of the Esky door panels, fronts are rears. Fronts obviously the same, the rears are different on the bottom, but the upper portion is the same. I plan on putting the wood trim on my panels for the 99 crew, since it's tan interior already, lil genuine imitation wood grain would look good!!! Also have the dash bezel too....