Door emblems with side trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turbo86GN

Reaction score
I installed new GM door trim on my '97 K2500 and noticed the emblem tabs are a lot smaller than the trim hole. Is there a clip that goes in the holes? I was thinking of just gluing the tabs + using two-sided tape.

You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yep, if I recall, there's a metal barrel that fits in there that helps retain the emblem. I could be wrong though as memory is fuzzy.

Some 3M VHB (the gray foam tape with the red peel-away) applied to clean surfaces should hold the emblems with zero issue. Use some prep spray to clean up so there's no oils or anything that would affect the adhesion.

Richard

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
There is a metal barrel piece that stays in the rubber trim and has a press fit with the plastic emblem to hold it in place

Turbo86GN

Reaction score
Thanks! S*&t, I threw 2 old trims out with the clips.....new trim didn't come with them. I can not find a p/n or a source. .......off to the boneyard.

Turbo86GN

Reaction score
Update: I found some clips at a yard. They are installed from behind the trim and most wrecking yard ones were rusted. Kind of too late now because I attached the trim.

I did find part numbers: GM - 15607139 (disc.); Auveco - 18105 (disc.); Car-pak - 93-7147 (disc.).

You must be registered for see images attach