Did i install my flip kit wrong??????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Here's what I had on my 90 it was a djm flip kit with their normal bolt in notch. I was also using two inch drop shackles for the total of right inches drop your looking for.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from the big block!

Reaction score
Was the normal bolt in notch good enough for 8" of drop? Were you bottomoning out alot? I got air shocks with the extenders. And where 2 degree shims enough to keep the driveline straight? Im deffinetly going with the rounded u bolts and fliping everything over like yours.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
The regular bolt in notch was good enough for ME. It did bottom out occasionally but wasn't too bad.. But keep in mind the setup I had before this was almost six inches with no notch lol

Sent from the big block!

Reaction score
lol yeah i cut that yesterday and moved the brake lines over one nut on the differential before i got on the interweb. Now im just wondering if i need the big underbed notch like avs or nfamus makes. Or if i can go withe the conventional bolt in that comes with most flip kits. Ive only got $850 dollars into this build so far, and thats with buying the truck and lots of other stuff. So spending the money on a proper notch, shocks, u-bolts lol, etc... is not a problem.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've bent the top of my Belltech notch where the shortened bump stop attaches, with no shackles, just the flip. I've got a tiny bit less clearance though because I have a 9.5" 14 bolt axle instead of a 10 bolt, and a thicker spring pack, so a flip kit on this truck (C2500LD) is slightly more than 6".

Richard

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
I bolt in notch is fine if your staying static. The flip is def not installed correct. The bolt on notch will be fine with a 7/8 in drop

Reaction score
Thats kind of what im worried about richard. I found a round (not square) bolt in notch on fleabay for a decent deal and it looks like it has more clearence, says over 4". I just got back from Oriellys and got some round u bolts, just need to figure out what im going to do about a bottom plate. I talked with my neighboor who helped me install it and he said we put it in the way it came out of the donor truck. Devs93, do you think air shocks will help me even more from staying off a typical notch? Im not doubting ya, if a regular ol bolt in notch will work ill pull the trigger and order that one on fleabay from crown.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It should be mentioned though that I tend to work the **** out of my lowered truck regardless :D so that's how things get bent.

Thunderbird body going to the blasters on my 20' car hauler, project at my lil bro's hot rod shop

Bedload of 19.5's (about 750lbs) going to the tire shop for dismounting so I can have the wheels painted

Etc.!

Richard