Did i install my flip kit wrong??????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ive been looking for hours and cant find one flip kit that seams to be installed the same and only one like mine :Insane:. My truck has not been on the road yet and if i did this wrong THANK GOD!!!! This flip kit came out of a donor truck i stripped and i could of swore it was put in my truck the way it came out. The donor truck was a 92 or 93 rcsb and all the lowering parts are stamped belltech. The truck i put everything in is a 95 rcsb. Ive only seen one installed like mine, but a majority are not and it seams none are the same lol. Will it being installed like this be dangerouse or screw off my truck??? Thanks for everyones help.

Attachments

• 131221_423.jpg
    131221_423.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 82
  • 131221_424.jpg
    131221_424.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 97

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Are the bends in those U-bolts round or square?
I don't have any pix of the original set-up in my '98, so I'm going from memory.
Seems to me that that plate on top bolted to the U-bolts should be on the bottom, & that the plates & U-bolts need to be turned 90 degrees.

Reaction score
There square. The way you explain it, is the way i seen some of them online. Should i get rounded end u bolts and flip everything around like you say? Its no big deal because i got to shim it when i put drop shackles on it.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like what you have there is a home-made flip using the factory U-bolts. The factory ones are square to fit around the leaf and the plate the nuts are against is the factory piece too; designed to go under the axle instead of over. Actual flip kit U-bolt setup is round to go around top of the axle and has a flat plate goes underneath.

That looks a little sketchy to me but...tough call. I'm thinking I'd have to see it in person to decide, but personally I would opt for a real kit.

Richard

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
I would get new u bolts anyways, never reuse them. And I would also get the round ones and flip it over 90 :shrug:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
If it's a Belltech, IMO, the way I described is the way that they should be, but I'm not sure if Belltech ever had a different (early?) design. But then. if you installed it the way that it came outa the donor, who's to say that that was installed correctly to begin with.
Wish I had a pic or 2 of mine when I first did it.
Wouldn't hurt to try a different set of U-bolts, They're cheap enough. Wouldn't take long to swap that stuff around.
There's more than a couple of members running the Belltech kit. Hopefully you'll get some more opinions, quick.
Don't drive it till you're 100% sure, though!

Reaction score
yeah I'm goting to vato zone to get some shims and drop shackles on monday. Ill just pick up some round u bolts in the process. I was just out there looking at it and that top piece needs to be under the spring with the nuts facing down lol. Richard, Scotty, and Steve I really appreciate your help. Hey steve i like that c-notch, does it give you plenty of travel? Im needing one that will support 8" of drop and the common square bolt on notches dont seam to give enough room.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
if you look closely ( best pic I have ) this is my flip installed.
You must be registered for see images attach

Now that I've seen these pix, your's is not only upside down, but those are the original plates. You can see in these, that the plates are not only on the bottom, but they are a totally different shape. The way that Belltech designed the kit, it takes into account the pinion angle adjustment. I'm not sure if that one that you have does.

Reaction score
This thing aint going anywhere till im sure lol. But yeah im getting some round u-bolts and fliping it around. The spindles and springs up front went really smooth. But that back half its a nightmare, i think it was not installed rite in the donor truck.