Detailing photos/discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hopefully being a vette the paint is pretty well cared for. Me thinks the caddy I did was a barn find that somebody tried to clean up themselves, gave up, and brought it to me.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm gonna get my phone out next time I do a detail that's trashed. I've seen some horrid stuff in my 3 years of doing it commercially. Got a friend's Mustang lined up for late next month. He wants it all done up before it goes into "storage" aka heated and cooled garage on a level surface since he's leaving for school 15 minutes away...

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
My '97 was painted last year. I've only put 2 minute marks in it since.
My problem is with bird crap. I live on the edge of about 2000 acres of fruit orchards.
The poop is making permanent burn marks in the paint.
I've already got the silver/red foil hanging from all the wires in the yard.
And a plastic owl.
That seems to have scared the little SOB's away.
My 'Q' is, how the hell do I get those burns in the paint out?
I've worked in a detail shop, & I have a bit of OCD in maintaining the paint, so I know my way around with polishers, buffers, cut-polishes, etc. Still can't get these marks out!
Would some color sanding be the only cure left?

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
did you use a singl e stage paint when you had it redone? im guessing it clear coated. It must be acid from the apples they eat in the poop that is burning it. I never wipe bird poop off a car, always wash it off as much as you can because birds eat grit to help digest what they eat and it comes out in the poop. I would try using a compound and cutting pad on a DA and see if that takes it out. if not I would step up to the rotory and wool pad and see if that works. You might have to cut the clear a fair amount to get the burn mark off. Its kind of like when you get really bad water spots. Talking of bird poop, I am working and an aston martin DBS in the shop right now and the other morning I come in and find a bird poop on the clear bra thank god! I must have a sneaky bird coming in at night somehow.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Yea. It's base/clear.
When I remove the it, & I'm not near any water, I'll soak it with a detailer spray till it softens up, then blot the majority off before I wipe. Seems to happen in the early A.M. (5 A.M?) Even if I get to it by 8 A.M. it's already dried & damn near baked on.
These lil ******** are eating raspberries & blueberries. Starlings, crows & ravens. I also have a few Bald Eagles hanging around too.
So far, stuff I've used mostly is McGuire's Ultimate Compound with a rotary & a foam pad. I have some actual cut polish around. That's about a '5' on a 1-10 scale for cutting strength. I tried some of that by hand. Didn't do much. Tried it again with the orbital (DA) with about the same result. I'll try a test with that cut polish on the rotary & a wool pad.
The paint looks like it's actually been chemically altered where it's been crapped on.
Tried to take some pix, but they didn't show up too well in the bright sunlight. I'll try to get some later today.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Sorry for the poor quality pics but here are some cool rides i have worked on. And a pic of my new honda gas saver!
If you want more pics of any of them i probably have some.

You must be registered for see images attach

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That corvette is badass. IMO it's better looking than that lambo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^