Destroyed, or beautified GMT400?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There may be more this appeals to but don't speak up. For me i know there is a skill or art involved. Yet some of the really wild customs to me are well... The Dutch painter Ver Meere painted full size poeple the canvas is 8 feet tall. It's like your right there with them. These guys would drive a crew cab Duramax to tow toys. The wild customs to me are like some art thats scibbles or melty poeple i just don't get it. Not dislike, just whats that mean?

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think if the bed was also modified to look like them 50s truck bed it would look a bit more "matching." Kinda like full-size SSR? Maybe even a step side bed probably looks better than the fleetside.
You must be registered for see images attach

And what's going on with the cab lines being off from the bed lines? You think that was done on purpose? It looks weird to my eye.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I think if the bed was also modified to look like them 50s truck bed it would look a bit more "matching." Kinda like full-size SSR? Maybe even a step side bed probably looks better than the fleetside.

And what's going on with the cab lines being off from the bed lines? You think that was done on purpose? It looks weird to my eye.

Probably body mounts rusted/compressed. My dad's old 96 looked like it had a broken frame because of the bed to cab relationship, but it was just the mounts..... they do that, and is a thing I look for if I'm looking at a truck to possibly buy.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
There's alot of ways to do "custom". That isn't it. The work doesn't look all that well finished either. The lower bed lines don't match up with the doors, the upper body line on the gate looks partially filled in, on the frenched in tail light on the right bedside the bodywork looks a little wonky. This in a matte fish which should disguise a multitude of bodywork sins yet they're still there.
Another thing that stands out BIG TIME is the mismatch in wheel openings. The soft-squared GMT400 bed wheel opening vs. completely round front fender opening are glaring mismatches, impossible to ignore.

As 454 mentioned, the cab/bed body line mismatch is almost surely rusted cab mounts.

The grille work is very poorly executed and amateurish, as is the front "bumper" area. Can't see any hood line so I'll assume it's a tilt front end, which explains why we don't see any pictures straight on from the sides, or hard angle from the front, because tilt front ends rarely fit well/look good at the lower fender area where they depart.

It's a junk pile I would be hard-pressed to pay part-out prices for, because nothing on the body has any value to me.

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Like already said, if it had a stepside bed, or better yet, an old stepside bed, it would help some, but I don't think it would make it "good looking"

Reminds me of the Studebaker/S10 kit you could buy, back in the day. Except the S10 version looks a little better. https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/0602st-1939-studebaker-truck-kit/
I remember when those kits came out; seem to recall a magazine cover with a bright candy blue example. They look OK; way better execution than the GMT400 this post is the subject of. Of course it's a full kit though where all the external appearance is changed. It's got some awkward looking areas but overall it's pretty well-done.

Richard

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
They look OK; way better execution than the GMT400 this post is the subject of. Of course it's a full kit though where all the external appearance is changed. It's got some awkward looking areas but overall it's pretty well-done.

Richard

Agreed. The front 3/4 view is pretty sharp, but the rear from pretty much any angle, has some lines, that I don't care for.