desperate for truck. flying to texas.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cviola2005

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good luck with it!

I offered to lend a hand, but your route doesn't bring you into my neck of the woods.

j.edi

Reaction score
alright folks, I landed in Texas and picked up the truck. it was filthy from sitting and it needs brakes and tire balancing. other than that, it is in great shape despite some cosmetic issues.

i need to find a place to put on some pads for me in the morning and rotate/balance and then i'm gonna hit the road back to NC.

was too busy cleaning it up to take a photo before sunset...

You must be registered for see images

sent from the nearest satellite

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Dont have a jack to do the pads? Ill be out at my shop in McKinney tomorrow if you need a hand, have all the tools youll need.

Sent from the Rat powered LG

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Good luck on your travels man. At the very least I would be changing all the fluids and filters

Sent from the big block!

j.edi

Reaction score
i have a jack, i'm just pressed for time and staying with in-laws... kinda just want to get out of here!

sent from the nearest satellite

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Gonna take longer to have a shop do it than doing it yourself

Sent from the Rat powered LG

j.edi

Reaction score
Alright, I made it back to NC in one piece after a bone-rattling ride back home. The tires are ridiculous! Told my wife it felt like riding on a vibrating exercise ball...

Anyway, against better judgement, I took it to a shop my in-laws recommended and I'm glad I did. It was more than pads I needed, the drums needed cleaning and adjusting and I needed new rotors, they had worn down below minimum specs so slapping pads on there wouldn't have helped. Also, I had them flip and remount the tires on the rims when they rotated and they noticed one of the rims was slightly bent - it needed 20oz of weights where the other 3 rims needed only 2-5oz per. The truck also has the factory shocks which I will replace in due time, but suffered a pretty bouncy ride back home...

It was good trip back home; no major delays, only got pulled over once (no ticket, I charmed the officer into letting me slide), and I missed a snow shower in central NC while I ate dinner at my favorite restaurant in Charlotte. Unfortunately I can't "un-see" those creepy Michael Bolton billboards I passed by in South Carolina... shudder.

All in all, with gas, hotel, repairs, etc. I am out around 800 bucks for a 95 Sierra SL w/ 148,000 miles, which I think is a pretty good deal. I guess I've introduced myself (and my new truck) well enough in this long thread... will keep the forum updated with all the repairs/refurbishing I have planned for it.

You must be registered for see images attach