desperate for truck. flying to texas.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Got it posted to the chat thread. Will prolly pm the guys too for ya.

Sent from what is likely a government flagged smartphone. Tyler/T-Unit

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
While I would still be more than happy to help if need be, I believe your path won't lead you anywhere near me.

Sent from DAS DOOLAY!!!

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
I live in McKinney, just a few minutes away. Gimme a holler if you need any help

Sent from the Rat powered LG

j.edi

Reaction score
I live in McKinney, just a few minutes away. Gimme a holler if you need any help

Hey, I actually would like to know where to find a reputable tire place with a big selection in the Plano area. Figure I should invest in some new ones before setting off and risking a blowout on the interstate. They say the tires are 12 yrs old, and if it's been sitting...

sent from the nearest satellite

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Discount is probably your best bet. Theres one on Spring Creek about a block from 75

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Discount is good. So is belle tire. They all have nationwide warranties so no matter where you go either one will help you out. I use belle tire myself but it's all preference. Search for locations around home and along your route. Also request stick on weights. The bang on ones corrode your wheels and just look bad.

One more thing. Check all your fluids including the rear end tcase and front diff if you have them. Make sure the oil is changed synthetic would be best and buy an extra 4 quarts. Also a couple quarts of Trans, brake fluid, power steering fluid, gallon or two of pre mix coolant, gear oil too. With something that has sat that long brake lines could be dried and cracking. Other than that when you first start it let it idle up to temp. Make sure she holds temp well. Then go for a short run in town to get everything nice and freed up again. Give everything a good once over again before you head out for the journey home. I messaged everyone who offered to lend a hand. Good luck man!

Sent from what is likely a government flagged smartphone. Tyler/T-Unit

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
I work at the AutoZone at Spring Creek and Alma in Plano, Ill help out with what parts I can

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im working all that week, but if you have trouble on the Atlanta to Charlotte leg I should be around depending on the time...

hipasschev94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wow i just read through this hole thread and thats awsome, good luck and safe travels on the trip and also nice score on the truck, atleast imo it looks pretty nice how it is now :)