Design Phase: Rear Tube Bumper Through Roll Pan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
AWesome thinking, Go for it, would look awesome and be very functional

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i can dig it. i always thought the downfall of a roll pan on a lifted truck is youd have no where to step. i actually started fabbing up bars on my stepside fter i shaved the rear step and made my own tube steps that werent as agrresive looking while maintaining functionality.

j-l-1984

Reaction score
Looks sweet I say build it. Take lots of pics. I thought of doin something similar on my 71 stepside I used 2 have. My plan was 2 use a 30s or 40s truck or sedan bumper instead of the tube style. Never did build it though....

Blasphemy

Reaction score
I know this thread is old, but did you ever get around to building that bumper?

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Life has been busy.

-via Mobile

Yachtkid

Reaction score
HAHA i just found this.. this is my truck and have been wanting to rebuild this.. I'm actually building it out like a step and is very similar to your second picture you posted.. I'm curious if you ever built one yourself and how it turned out. iv don't all the work 100% myself on my truck including the front bumper but I'm starting to think I'm gonna get rid of the roll pan and just put a large 8" C channel steel and build the tube around that so its a lot stronger. send me some pictures of your truck to me. and ill send some back to you.. that car domain profile is old and is missing a lot now… [email protected].. thanks -Josh

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
HAHA i just found this.. this is my truck and have been wanting to rebuild this.. I'm actually building it out like a step and is very similar to your second picture you posted.. I'm curious if you ever built one yourself and how it turned out. iv don't all the work 100% myself on my truck including the front bumper but I'm starting to think I'm gonna get rid of the roll pan and just put a large 8" C channel steel and build the tube around that so its a lot stronger. send me some pictures of your truck to me. and ill send some back to you.. that car domain profile is old and is missing a lot now… [email protected].. thanks -Josh

Haven't even touched my truck for months! My business is doing well, and I just haven't had the time.