Decided to build a garage. Now the fun begins.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want it to look pretty, epoxy is the only way to go. If you want it to work and be safe, paint's the better choice. Either way, invest in a good push broom and sweep often.
Yup. I already have a very good broom for smooth surfaces. It should do well on concrete. One thing I’ve learned is that there is a difference between a quality push broom and a cheap one.

Think I mentioned somewhere back awhile that I am also fond of floor sweep compound. It helps pick up every bit of dust and dirt on a smooth floor.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cleanliness is next to godliness.
Yep. And the real true test of this.
And what really seperates the men from the boys is spending a few weeks on a small commercial boat with people who were never taught that you do not have the right to intrude into my personnel nostril space with your nasty unwashed vile putrid stench.
Its a rough enough life without you.
Your nasty mom didnt teach you how to clean yourself will not fly with us.
Have no doubt in your mind about us throwing you in a net boat and hosing you down with Tide detergent and leaving you in the middle of noplace.
I have left a stinky no giving a **** about anybody else little smelly turd in an 8 foot dinghy 200 hundred miles offshore and took the boat back over the horizon so he couldnt see us anymore.
Rule number one when trying to make friends or trying to get involved and socialize with other people so you dont become some basement nutter.
Take a ******* shower.
Get a haircut.
Shave.
Put on clean clothes.
And the more ****** up and down about yourself you feel ?
That is why you need to do these little things.
At one of the absolute worst low ****** up points in my life I did not have **** all of anything
Top Ramen and hot dog soup.
I went all the way to overgrown ratty beard pajama loony.
I was a consrtruction manager and a former car salesman so I had some nice suits.
I didnt have anyplace to go in that suit.
But it was kind of that last wall between what was left of my life or just giving up.
So I rented the most crime ridden **** apartment and ate pea soup and potatoes and lost everything.
And it did beat the **** out of me.
The only thing that kept me kinda sane was getting up every damn morning and making myself breakfast and putting on a suit and walking around with a bit of broke man style.
Just ******* shave, wash your grizzly ass, wear clean clothes and dont be a despirate groping *******.
And for ***** sake the oldest rule in the book is dont bring her back to some filthy ********.
That first impression really does matter.
And that next try on your part is probaly your first and maybe only try.
And you need to be kind and take a minute to ******* think about the fact that she is trusting you enough to take that step.
And if she already screwed everybody on your high school football team ya might wanna back out of that.
So, If you want to be happy, ****, shower and shave.
Dont knock up the local
You really want that court case in a different state.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As for epoxy coating, don't do it if you plan, or unplan I guess, any liquid spills. May as well be on glare ice, one moment your walking, next starring at the ceiling!!!

The garage at the plant I work at had a few bays done in epoxy years ago. One of the mechanics went ***$ up, time lost injury and medical aid.

They had to grind it all off, what a mess and expense! Then they just painted it with concrete paint, sprinkled sand on it, let it dry then painted it again. Tough, nonslip, and if you don't go nuts with the sand it sweeps up pretty easy.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m probably going with paint, rather than epoxy.

Would the time to cure apply to paint, as well?
The coating doesnt matter.
Its the cure time for the concrete.
If you try to coat the concrete while it is curing no type of coating will ever bond to that floor.
If you epoxy coat an uncured or "Wet Slab"
It will bond to the top layer of the concrete but forms a seal that prevents the lower level of the slab from curing.
That is basically rolling glue over uncured concrete that is still trying to hydrate.
That epoxy layer will seal the moisture in just lpng enough for everything beneath it to fail.
The usual rule of thumb that we always used.
We need a provable two years of pour before we will even bid the job.
And that is a scam.
On a green fresh slab? Aint no way I wouldnt even bid it unless it wasat least 5 years old. My insurance companany will not cover me to epoxy a pour that is less than 3 years old and that is a 30 day rider on the policy
You just cannot coat a wet concrete pour in washington.
I would pour it, let it cure. and use it for the next two years while trying to keep it clean.
As for epoxy coating, don't do it if you plan, or unplan I guess, any liquid spills. May as well be on glare ice, one moment your walking, next starring at the ceiling!!!

The garage at the plant I work at had a few bays done in epoxy years ago. One of the mechanics went ***$ up, time lost injury and medical aid.

They had to grind it all off, what a mess and expense! Then they just painted it with concrete paint, sprinkled sand on it, let it dry then painted it again. Tough, nonslip, and if you don't go nuts with the sand it sweeps up pretty easy.
Epoxy is some nasty **** bud.
Check this out.
I worked for a moron in the epopxy business.
He had a 30 foot enclosed trailer.
He sent an employee to spray epoxy inside of the trailer with an airless.
And shut the door behind him
So dude is inside the trailer spraying friggen epoxy and the owner decides that he is taking to long to do it.
This enclosed trailer had one hole where the factory hadnt installed one rivet.
One little 1/16 hole.
The knucklehead owner and captain of this whole big ship got pissed off becuase trailer dude was taking to long so he decided to peep at him throuh that rivet hole.
And that is when he got his eyeball epoxied shut for life.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I almost forgot about the end story of glue eye.
So squint comes back from the whole eyeball one eye deal and buys twenty 50 gallon drums of Army surplus epoxy at an an auction.
But he cant use it on any job because it is all expired and nobody will certify it.
The only legit way to get rid of this crap is to mix it, catalyise it, let it harden and take it too toxic waste dump.
Squinty doesnt want to pay for all of that so him and an employee go out in the middle of the night and pour all of that down the storm drain.
Resin, catalyst all of it
In an industrial park, While on camera.
In Arizona.
The night before monsoon season started.
Glued the storm drains for the entire business park and flooded about twenty businesses.
It took them about ten minutes to figure out that crime.
So squinty fires the guy who helped him do it and then threatens to kill him and his family if he testifies against him.
While he and the employee are being questioned by the DA.
In front of the DA.
In the district attorneys friggen office.
On tape!
That was in about 94 or 95.
So about ten years ago my wife and I were driving through the god forsaken flatlands of California and stopped at "split pea andersons" for the 5th time in my life.

Cuz she had never had the runny green diaahhrea soup.
If you ever go there, dont go there.
If you do, **** em up by asking what is in the pea soup.
Its pea water.

And squinty glue eye was working the salad bar.
We left before he got a chance to pee in our soup.
Not that we could have told the difference.
And dont think he could have aimed it that well anymore either.