Deadbeats 1997 Centurion Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I just drove the truck on a 1700 mile trip. Got home and went to drive it down the road and the head broke off one of the cab bolts that hold on my step bars, who would have thought that would happen? Guess I am lucky it didn't break while I was traveling. Would I be better off to put a piece of all thread on there and a couple nuts locked?

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I have been reading a lot about the 0411 swap, I am thinking about doing this on mine but am not sure I benefit anything with my stock 5.7. But I am also thinking about doing the coil pack conversion and possibly the marine intake mods and I think the 411 will help atleast on the coil pack conversion. I need to change my lifters anyway and thought about not putting my old intake back on, and it would be a plus to get rid of the distributor. Am I correct that the 411 mod will allow me to put in a 5.3/6.0 and possibly a 4L80E and get them to work? If I do the 4L80E can I reuse my t-case?

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Took a couple pics of the truck today after a much needed quick clean. It has been atleast a couple years since I took a picture of it if my memory is serving me correct.

You must be registered for see images attach

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Took a couple pics of the truck today after a much needed quick clean. It has been atleast a couple years since I took a picture of it if my memory is serving me correct.

Such a good looking truck! Nice job, man.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Thank you sir, soon is a new set of lifters, mine tick on cold start. Any brand suggestions? I heard some are no good, but ac delco are 30 bucks each. At that price a 6.0 looks good, I need to do the 411 pcm soon anyway.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Front axle seals were leaking, on a lathe makes polishing the front shaft journals much easier. I build pool sticks on my lathes but I have been able to do so much other stuff. I have one with a 4 foot bed and one with a 6 foot bed, so handy.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I should have the rest of the parts in for my hyrdoboost conversion today, I can't wait to install it. I am going to do it in a couple of phases until I get it the way I want it. First phase is straight up GMT400 hyrdroboost with the abs intact, and everything factory. If I don't like this, I am going full on GMT800 hydroboost with the newer style spindles/knuckes and rear disc. I will use the GMT800 prop valve and run 1/4 inch lines to each front wheel, no adapters or any hack like that. I will build or buy the 20mm rear spaces and likely not use the ABS on the newer one unless someone can tell me how to use my wires and wire it up. But at that point, I would be 1/4 inch brake lines all around.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Weird, my friend got a full set of AC Delco lifters for $120 off of Amazon a couple years ago. If you're patient and cheap you can take them apart and clean them too. A 411 will let you run a 350 or LS, 4L60 or 4L80, and combination thereof.