Daily truck pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
It seems like those Suburbans are notorious for paint peeling on the roof, lol. My parts Suburban has that issue, same year too, what a coincidence.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It seems like those Suburbans are notorious for paint peeling on the roof, lol. My parts Suburban has that issue, same year too, what a coincidence.
This one set outside a lot before I owned so I'm sure that contributed to it. I think I'm going to sand the roof down and rustoleum it as a temporary measure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
This one set outside a lot before I owned so I'm sure that contributed to it. I think I'm going to sand the roof down and rustoleum it as a temporary measure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
I totally agree, that sun can sure do some damage to paint! But yeah that's a good idea to do as a temporary fix.

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
Just the typical GM paint quality. If your suburban (I'm fairly certain it was majority Suburbans that fell victim to bad clear coats) sits in the sun all day, most likely the clear coat has said sayonara to the roof, hood, and top of the fender flares (if you have them) by now if it's the original paint. My truck has never seen inside a garage and the roof, hood, and front fenders were peeling bad back in 2013. Mine is a '96 and I got it resprayed in 2013. I said 2012 in the build thread, but thinking about it now, I'm 90% sure we got it resprayed in 2013.

Taken from my build thread:

Here's how the truck sat in 2012 (excuse my poor photo taking skills):
You must be registered for see images attach

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
Yes it does sit the sun all day, original paint too (Emerald Green - I think?), no flares though (K1500). But, it's just my parts truck, I don't care a whole lot about it, lol. I think in general these trucks weren't that good with the clear coat (that I've read). My other parts truck, a 95 Chevy K2500, has clear coat issues on the roof and on the body.