cv axles and wheel hub bearings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's an entire thread on replacing the hub assemblies. Best to read the whole thing, as he does have some errors on the main posting.

If you replace the hubs, expect to ruin the three hub bolts on each side. Have replacements on hand. If, by some miracle, you can re-use your hub bolts, return the new ones.

"I" would not replace an OEM hub if it wasn't giving problems. Same for the CV axle.

Make sure the "grinding" isn't the dust shield rubbing on the rotor.

Last edited:

yeehoo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have yet to get the axle nut to break loose. The noise is coming from where the inner flange bolts to the front axle. It doesn't pop its sounds like a light grinding. When driving it seems to bind a little on that side. It almost sounds like the brakes are dragging. I will double check the dust shield and brake discs. I will get an video of the noise and post it. Thanks everyone for the advice.

yeehoo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
link to video of noise
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

yeehoo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I replaced the cv axle but it still makes the same sound. I guess its the axle shaft roller bearing?

yeehoo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Replaced the front passenger side axle tube bearing and the noise is gone. The bearing part number is National bearings b-2012 and the seal is National oil seals 710101