Custom headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blanco_obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I’ve been doing some thinking and have yet to come across anyone who has that will share some insight. I want to make my headlights different. I know you can buy some but I want to make mine, mine. Anyone ever do this ? Like the halo rings with pods ? Idk lol

You must be registered for see images attach

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I have seen a person on this site that took the lenses off of the headlights, then put one of those stick-on LED strips on the bottom of the headlights. You could make it act like a cool DRL if you wanted to. I don't have any pictures though, I just sometimes see it in the "Random Media" on the home page of the site lol.

I know there is a guy on this forum named Daniel Pace (he's also got YT: https://www.youtube.com/user/ps3dcp8138), I think he put the halos in the headlights on his 96 Yukon himself (I could be wrong) and made almost every light in the front green. You might be able to get some ideas from him.

Saw this pretty cool projector-retrofit thread here: https://www.gmt400.com/threads/gmt400-projector-retrofitting.39149/

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There are some videos on you tube I think on how to do this. You have to put the head lights in the oven, and heat them to 350ish, and they can be pulled apart while hot. Then there is a sealer that you need to use to reassemble them after you do whatever you want to them.

Blanco_obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

now since you did that. You took the headlight apart and glue it to the glass side or the plastic side. Some guy wanted 500 for a set and I though that was rediculous

Blanco_obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also thanks everyone for the input. I just like making it different. Doing modern stuff I was considering converting the lower then signals buckets into sequential turn buckets

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
now since you did that. You took the headlight apart and glue it to the glass side or the plastic side. Some guy wanted 500 for a set and I though that was rediculous

Yea when they were first popular around 2014-2015 most people wanted $500 flat just to do the headlights. That's before the parking light rings were even invented.

The rings themselves still cost about $200 or over for all 4 just depending on what style and brand you get, and the occasional promo helps.
Then you still need your choice of headlights and parking lights to cut open. Then just an afternoon of your time.

Building them yourself would still cost $300+ assuming you had to buy most of the stuff you needed.

Blanco_obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would get most stuff from my job I found the rings for 150 top and bottom. Then 85 for new housing tip and bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk