Custom Front Hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
So I had an adjustable hitch laying around that I decided to modify to fit the front of my truck. I wanted a hitch up front for a good tow point if I got stuck since the SAS deleted my tow hooks. I also can now stick the winch in there and use it when I need too.

This is what I started with:
You must be registered for see images attach

Then my buddy used the plasma cutter to cut it to my needs. Then I scuffed it and got it ready for paint:

Then we drilled out the existing holes on the frame made a template and transfer the holes:

And this is what the end result looks like:

Excuse my wreath lol. Its my trucks Christmas spirit. All the bolts are 1/2" grade 5 with nylocs. I didn't use grade 8 because I would rather have the bolts bend a little than shear off under all that pressure. I got to also say thanks to my buddy Carl who spent 3 hours with me cutting and test fitting this to make it happen.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
thats a pretty sweet set up i kinda did the same thing when i made my trailer hitch for the front but it bolts where the tow hooks go and up on the side of where yours bolts.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Here is the 12,500lb warn winch on the cradle mount:

Now I need to make the quick connect to the the winch up front or out back