Custom 2 10" build, I kept the rear seat!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silverado

Reaction score
I built this a while back and never got around to posting up pictures, so here they are! The goal of the build was to get as much bass as I could from an under the seat box.

I used a Skar 1200.1 amp and two SoundQubed HDS10's, ran with 0awg welding cable and a solid battery.

I lifted the rear seats 2" to get enough clearance for the box. It's just under 1cube per side, really small I know!

You must be registered for see images attach

I had to notch the back of the square tube to get the bottom nut secured, no other way to reach it!

The old sony xplods well, xploded.

Here I took a 6" (I believe) piece of PVC pipe, and made my own flares using a heat gun and a metal lamp shade. I know the audiophiles will point out port end clearance, and it is not enough, but I was determined!

Almost there...

Silverado

Reaction score
Added some paint! Not as good as I had hoped surface wise, I think the humidity was fighting me a bit (TX humidity is no joke!)

Getting pretty damn heavy for not having any speakers in it, 38lbs a piece will be hard to get in the truck, impossible for most to steal, sparing those gorilla types.

Finished results tomorrow!

Silverado

Reaction score
In the truck! Anybody got any good ideas for speaker grills? Didn't think I'd need them, but kid feet never stop moving so I could use a set!

I think mid range is next!

Unfortunately the box got a bit of water damage and started to swell the paint on one corner, might be time for a redesign!

Last edited: