crank questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
ok guys tired of putting junkyard motors in my truck I have a .030 350 in my garage that needs a crank so I was gonna buy a new one and bearings and gonna have all new bearings put in it just unsure of what I need for a crank its a 1 piece rear main seal

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What happened to the original crank? If it wiped a main you would want to have the block checked and possibly line bored. Same of the old crank broke. If it wiped a rod, then you still have the possibility of metal in the oil passages, which would destroy the new crank in short order if not thoroughly cleaned.

To answer your question, any 1 piece rear main 350 crank should work. Even a vortec crank, as the only real difference is the machining provision for a crank reluctor. Get a brand new crank, or at minimum on that has been turned no more than .010/.010. Most come with bearings.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk