Confirmed brake bleeding scan tools

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That seems like a reasonable price.
Think ill order it, if it doesn’t bleed gmt400 brakes then I’ll at least have a scan tool that will work on what little new stuff I work on. Specifically 2 transit vans with electric parking brakes :doublepuke:

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is complicated enough that we need a spreadsheet. If you're gonna post, give me model numbers of the scan tool as well as which system it works on.

What ABS systems came on our trucks? So far in this thread I've seen Schurkey mention "aluminum RWAL", EBC310, and EBC4. What other systems are there?

The Autel video above is pretty good evidence. I have it on my sheet as an "Autel MaxiCheck Pro". Anybody know which system he's bleeding?

Aluminum RWAL​
EBC310​
EBC4​
Snap-On Solus Pro 14.2​
Yes​
Snap-On Solus Pro 17.2​
Snap-On Solus Pro 8.2​
Snap-On MT/MTG2500 6.2​
No​
Autel MaxiCheck Pro​

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Iron-body RWAL has it's own dedicated bleeder screw. '87 (Squarebody), '88--'90(?)
Aluminum-body RWAL does not have a bleeder screw, needs scan tool. '91--'94(?)
EBC4, mostly used on Suburbans and perhaps other SUVs. I don't think it was ever used on pickups. '92--'94.
EBC310 All GMT400 C/K '95--on.

There are other applications outside the GMT400 family, as shown in the .pdf attached.

As for the spreadsheet, you can put a "No" in the Snappy 8.2 software/EBC310 box.

I strongly suspect that the Snappy software revision is not tool-specific. A Solus with 6.2 would have the same limitations as the MT/MTG2500 with 6.2. A Solus, Solus Pro, Solus Ultra, Modis, or whatever else Snappy makes with 14.2 software will bleed the EBC310.

Attachments

• 1990s_GM_Light_Truck_Kelsey_Hayes_ABS_Brake_Bleeding_Procedure_Ref_Cards.pdf
    130.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's the link to it in .xlsx format with what's been stated so far. Let me know if the link or sheet are dorked.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's the link to it in .xlsx format with what's been stated so far. Let me know if the link or sheet are dorked.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Link is dorked on my end.

Attachments

• IMG_8861.jpeg
    IMG_8861.jpeg
    105.3 KB · Views: 4

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I reset the sharing settings and re-pasted the link into that post. Google Drive stinks. Lemme know if it's still dorked.

EDIT: I'm going to have to find a workaround. You should just be able to download from the GoogleDrive link, but apparently GoogleDocs is intervening and trying to display it instead. It doesn't help that it was made in OpenOffice and saved in Excel format. "We seem to be experimenting some techmological differences."

Last edited: