Composite to quad headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I take it that you have the Chevy grille?

The GMC grille does not require any modifications.

W/ the Chevy grille, just shave the outer edge of the mini-quad for clearance.

I'm running mini-quads on my 99 Suburban.
Yes chevy-and I remember you telling me that before(hence I said I gotta modify) but thanks for reminder anyways as my memory is great but short and I couldn't remember exactly what do I have to do lol.

Rob K

Reaction score
I too am going from composites to dual, is there anything I need to do the wiring or does it plug up

GMCTruck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did the composite to quad sealed beam retro mod a few years ago. (1995 GMC K1500). Parts from the pick n pull, an 89 truck I believe. Also did the hi beam mod. Diesel front bumper with Hella 450 spots. (should have gone with the 550 I think). I didn't think it was a good idea to have the hi beam as the daytime running light so I created a separate harness and made the inside turn lights the DRL.

You must be registered for see images attach

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hmmm, interesting on the DRL mod.

Anubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I prefer the composite look. Quad lights have their place on classic cars but they make our trucks look outdated

ZSEVEN1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got some buckets from z71hobbs a few years ago and put them on my ‘98.

You must be registered for see images attach

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I too am going from composites to dual, is there anything I need to do the wiring or does it plug up

If you are going to use mini-quads from 88-89, then you will need to splice in the 88-89 connectors.

If you are going to use mini-quads from LMC truck, then you will be using your composite plugs.

I personally would go w/ the LMC truck units, 9005/9006 bulbs are easier to come by & come in various wattages.
The 88-89 units are not in stock around me anymore. They order them as needed.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I prefer the composite look. Quad lights have their place on classic cars but they make our trucks look outdated
I do too but mine cannot be aimed properly. if the lows are right the highs hunt squirrels. I prefer to aim the low separately from the highs.