Compass & Tenperature Rear View Mirrors!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Interested in the Esky mirror, but how does the headlight delay work on these? My '98 doesn't have that option. Was this even available on the trucks? If not, would install be a bee-atch?

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Interested in the Esky mirror, but how does the headlight delay work on these? My '98 doesn't have that option. Was this even available on the trucks? If not, would install be a bee-atch?

To my knowledge the GMT400 trucks did not have the delay feature, and I'm not a 100% how the feature works. To my best understanding, the sensor (which is located at the top of the mirror mount) is what "reads" the light level and then sends a signal to the CPU or a relay to trigger the headlights. The mirror also has a small rectangular button on the bottom edge of the mirror to turn the feature on and off. I'd imagine to retrofit the delay feature into another vehicle you would just need what ever the mirror sends the signal to, to operate the headlights! It would be a very cool mod to do, that would be an awesome feature!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
To my knowledge the GMT400 trucks did not have the delay feature, and I'm not a 100% how the feature works. To my best understanding, the sensor (which is located at the top of the mirror mount) is what "reads" the light level and then sends a signal to the CPU or a relay to trigger the headlights. The mirror also has a small rectangular button on the bottom edge of the mirror to turn the feature on and off. I'd imagine to retrofit the delay feature into another vehicle you would just need what ever the mirror sends the signal to, to operate the headlights! It would be a very cool mod to do, that would be an awesome feature!

Still researching this.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I started a thread (Headlight dim out switch?) about this 10/27! This would be sweet, I was hoping that you would see it Baron. If it can be wired, I guess your the man to talk too.