coil over front SAS conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

philv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey guys, been thinking of doing a SFA swap, my buddy told me I could do a coilover setup since I have the pockets in my frame already. any ideas on the coilover setups? would this be the ideal way to go than leafs? also does anyone sell a complete kit for the coilover setup for our trucks?

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you confusing coilovers and coil springs?

I simply can not think of a "factory pocket" in the OBS 2wd frame that would support a coilover shock.

I can think of one coilover, complete bolt on kit off the top of my head from offroad LTD but IIRC it was for OOBS and was to the tune of $3500 just for the front.

You can try to use the factory frame coil mounts, I have never done it, but I am sure it could be done.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
Certain coilover top plates will fit right in and then need to drill some holes for them to slip up into.

philv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been reading up on it and yeah I meant coils. I heard a few people putting a dodge axle under their truck with dodge coils. since my truck is already coils up front couldn't I just fab up the bars needed and install a dodge axle under my truck? does anybody know what the spring perch width is on the gm 2wd compared to the dodge front axle?

philv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
j/w, Are you planning on putting a transfer case in it or keeping it 2wd?

I plan on a full 4wd conversion. right now I don't know what t-case I want to use, but I think with a driver drop diff, it will be less expensive going with a factory style t-case for my truck.

philv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what??? a dodge case wont bolt to his trans and a divorced dodge case is passenger side drop and he wants driver side

I think he meant for my axle. since its a driver drop. also could you post up a pic of your badass 88?? I just read your sig and it sounds like a beast. almost like what I'm going for.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
I think he meant for my axle. since its a driver drop. also could you post up a pic of your badass 88?? I just read your sig and it sounds like a beast. almost like what I'm going for.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach