Code: Crank pos/camshaft pos correlation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lftd94z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got my 98 all put back together and running finally but when it turned over a code popped up for crank pos/camshaft correlation. What does this mean and how do I fix it? It's a 350 Vortec

ernjohn

Reaction score
Could be that your distributor is turned too far away from tdc. Short and simple way is to turn the motor by hand to to get #1 at tdc (the timing marks on the front cover and harmonic balancer should be lined up) then adjust the ditributor so that the rotor points to the little '8' on the distributor body. That will get it very close to where it should be.

To set the camshaft retard offset(+/-2 degrees) properly, you'll need use of a scantool that can monitor that in real time.

This pic shows the rotor pointing to the '6'. The '8' is the other trianglular point on the bottom of the flat side on the left.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got the same code after changing out my fuel injectors last week. Never touched the distributor. Been running fine even with the code.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheZ71Project