Clear or black headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Projector light you say? Get some Winjet lights. So far they have been amazing, and the build quality on them is GREAT!

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
IMO it all really depends on the direction your going with your truck I'm personally having the hardest time choosing a housing style that I like that will fit the theme of my truck

Sent from my static android

This! It completely depends on the look you're going for with your truck. What are your other plans for the truck? I don't think black housings would look good at all on your truck as it sits now. But with a little bit of matching and what not they would look awesome.

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I want to do a black grill lift it black 18" wheels run 35" tires and my tails re already blacked out. I kind of think that some chrome one would pop on it but I'm still up in the air on it
Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I want to do a black grill lift it black 18" wheels run 35" tires and my tails re already blacked out. I kind of think that some chrome one would pop on it but I'm still up in the air on it
Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

No. Chrome or red grill. Don't make it look like a work truck. Trust me, either a Chrome grill or a red one to match the body will look so much better then a black grill.

And red is the one color that I can't stand when people tint their tails. The truck is red, and the lights or red, so it flows together.

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-

92k1500chevy

Reaction score
If this helps any, they're from LMC, fitment isn't bad, I think the fitment is the knockoff grille from rockauto.

You must be registered for see images attach

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i love my black projectors,,, i need to straighten them out a little better,,,

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
I have the same lights as tj ^. I was lucky enough to get the set before they had those stupid lines going across the parking lights, but then a rock got kicked up and cracked one of them. :whymewhyme:

I'm planning on retrofitting an OEM or higher quality projector housing into those headlights. I also want to get them cleaned up and have a good clear coat sprayed on them so they don't look like crap. After that, it'll be HID's all the way. :rocking:

Donations are accepted. :)

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
I say whatever you think your truck can pull off. I love mine black. But I did it the wrong way and really regret it. DO NOT TINT THEM LIKE I DID. My headlight's visibility decreased drastically. Buy some black clear ones or just clear ones. this pic in my sig is my truck with blacked out lights.. It's donk.

adambru

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
With my truck I am doing a chrome, black and paint color theme. If I were you I'd leave the lenses clear maybe upgrade to an hid light bulb, it brings out any black or chrome you have

91Bluestreak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I really like my black lights on my pickup, but my suburban has a chrome grille so I went with the all clear lights. If your going to color match the grill then yes black would look good otherwise I say clear.