Clear or black headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been looking at headlights for my truck but I can't decide weather I should do clear or black housings. I like the look of both just wanted some opinions
Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
Having a red truck, you might just be able to pull off the black housings.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
IMO it all really depends on the direction your going with your truck I'm personally having the hardest time choosing a housing style that I like that will fit the theme of my truck

Sent from my static android

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Regardless of what color combo your going after, I would still recommend going with a clear headlight housing with a diamond cut reflector. The clear headlight housings have MUCH better light output then any black headlight housing does. If you really want a black headlight housing, at the very least get one that has a clear lens with a chrome reflector, and has black on the top and bottom inside the housing. Of all black headlights, that style performs the best. But the clear/chrome headlight housings still have optimal light output over any darker combo!

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I grabbed a set of those clear lens with black housings except they still have all the chrome reflectors inside them. Light output is way better than stock. I have been happy with them.

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
I'm a fan of black. But you could do clear headlights and make all the turn signal indicators and tail lights black

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was actually thinking about going with a project headlight. And eventually I'm going to be going with a black grill on my truck
Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express