chevy trans issue electronic issue im guessing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tloh

Reaction score
The truck is not mine, but i figure this would be a great place to ask for advice. The truck is not a gmt but shares same electronics like it. it's a v6 silverado. the issue is it will drive perfect for about 20-30mins, then completely lose all gears(feels like its in neutral more so than slipping.) shut the car off for 2-3mins and then it is perfectly fine again for another 20ish mins. My guess is the transmission control unit, but others have said it could be the solenoids. does anyone know the continuity check steps for the chevy solenoids and/or control unit/module?

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loss of power to the trans will not cause loss of all gears. It will default to whichever gear has both shift solenoids off, which is second gear for a 4L60E I believe. Should also set a code or three. Are any codes present?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Not a GMT but a Silverado? If its newer than 2000 there are GMT800 forums that may come in more handy.