Censored words needing unblocked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

honkon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guy who owns the site...it's called house rules. Like I tell my kids, if you don't like the house rules in my house you are absolutely free to go pay your own mortgage and create your own rules.
I appreciate that he's willing to work with us to change the ones we find most frustrating. That's just me tho.
Yeah I understand. Just poking fun at the system. I imagine he was motivated by advertisers. I assumed this forum was owned by a company and not a single person though?

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I understand. Just poking fun at the system. I imagine he was motivated by advertisers. I assumed this forum was owned by a company and not a single person though?
Shaggy ownes this forum, and several other forums too. I think the way it works is, a person (shaggy in this case) buys rites to the software from a provider, and then he can set things to his preference. The money made by advertising is shaggys, or a percent of it is anyway. Any donations, is the same way, or that my be all shaggys IDK for sure. If you scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen, you will see community platform by XenForo. that's the provider. Most forums use that same provider.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Southpark is one of the most offensive shows I have ever watched.
Agreed, it's designed as such. In many cases, time is the only difference between offensive and funny.
Again, it's not the words that make them inappropriate, it's the context in which they are used.
I agree, but don't have a program capable of discerning intent (or context) so the only viable option is to censor words.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
but there are already rules that should apply to such use of inappropriate words and we have a report button to take care of it.

I actually help run a family friendly site it's a poultry site obviously and half the members are kids. we encourage the use of correct terms especially if they are going to be showing their birds. I find it hard to believe that kids are more mature than a bunch of truck guys but i guess it's entirely possible.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
but there are already rules that should apply to such use of inappropriate words and we have a report button to take care of it.
I agree, I was just trying to shed some light on the situations you outlined.
I actually help run a family friendly site it's a poultry site obviously and half the members are kids. we encourage the use of correct terms especially if they are going to be showing their birds. I find it hard to believe that kids are more mature than a bunch of truck guys but i guess it's entirely possible.
Some kids are absolutely more mature than some adults.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
I went and checked the website I help run and we only have 5 words that are censored. and if someone types them you will get the poop emoji or a censored smiley.

5 words on a family oriented forum and no one, I mean no one uses any derogatory terms. we did have 1 person who was a bit crazy and was always being reported for her ridiculous absolutely unnecessary P-O-T-T-Y mouth and we had to ban her after 3 strikes... we have a discipline policy that we can use at our discretion. like someone who was recently banned from this site.... she was screaming about some BS that was completely unrelated to our site and wouldnt stop.

that kind of behavior is unnecessary, unacceptable and does not help improve the site in anyway whatsoever. BUT there should already be a policy in place for those users and they only need to be reported.

Last edited: