Can't decide what to do and where to start.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Look's great without the bedrail's and toolbox, now it just need's dropped!

I agree 100% truck looks much better my truck has drop shackles install some so it will even out the truck next if the engine is running good work on the front end being that old im sure it has some worn parts. What about buying a used low mile 5.3 or vortec engine they have more get up and go consider putting in lower gears on the rearend you have a clean looking truck keep up the good work. I need to get my son to put up my truck picture I have a 93 ext/cab with a 5.7 which im planning planning on putting some vortec heads I bought for $100.00 dollars or get my little brother install a 6.0 or 5.3 engine all it takes is money.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't do anything to it because it is a 88 longbed.

If you won't listen to that advice then get a 6.0

jeff's88silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I agree 100% truck looks much better my truck has drop shackles install some so it will even out the truck next if the engine is running good work on the front end being that old im sure it has some worn parts. What about buying a used low mile 5.3 or vortec engine they have more get up and go consider putting in lower gears on the rearend you have a clean looking truck keep up the good work. I need to get my son to put up my truck picture I have a 93 ext/cab with a 5.7 which im planning planning on putting some vortec heads I bought for $100.00 dollars or get my little brother install a 6.0 or 5.3 engine all it takes is money.

Looks like i'll be doing engine work first, I was out there cleaning it up today and went to move it and when i cranked it there was a faint knock knock for a split second when i cranked it. but also today was the first time since summer its been cranked with the door open

Don't do anything to it because it is a 88 longbed.

If you won't listen to that advice then get a 6.0

Oh its not gonna be molested thats why i'm custom building an engine so i can give the TBI more grunt without having to do major modification to the truck to run something different

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have fun with your custom TBI it will never run correctly and will end up costing more than a LS swap.

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
way more than a built tbi motor. i just locked up the motor in my truck and ive been lookin at a 383 4 bolt main crate motor. as far as ls goes you gotta have motor, harness, computer, and then its not a direct bolt in. if you want to do a 383 go for it.

jeff's88silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been looking and calling around looking for an LS and its gonna run around 5-6k and which i got to thinking it will require modding taking away some of the stockness of the truck away and the 383 build is gonna cost 2500-3k and be direct bolt in.

Last edited:

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been looking and calling around looking an LS and its gonna run around 5-6k and the 383 build is gonna cost 2500-3k
I just seen a 5.3 out of a 01 Silverado that supposedly had 84K on the clock, with the harness but no computer, on craigslist the other night. The Ad said it ran good and everything. He was asking $750 i believe. That seems like a good deal to me, so 5-6K seems a bit high? However i don't know how much the computer would be for it, do you know how much the computer or wiring harness' run? I'm seriously considering swapping in a 5.3 or a 6.0 in my 94' down the road.

jeff's88silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i'm not sure but parts in junk yards and people on craigslist think everything they got is made out of gold around here

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Use car-part.com, I have bought several engines through this locator service, as well as other big parts including my cab.