Can someone teach me about radiators and what will fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Either way though Im just not sure that radiator will cool the engine I'm putting in the truck anyway.
The cooling system on these trucks is pretty beefy. Unless you're living in Arizona and putting a .700" lift 454 in it to pull stumps out during the summer, you're probably fine. If you're feeling froggy, get a K2500 7.4L Suburban radiator. I did consider it on my truck.

Lgarretto

Reaction score
This is all decent info. I really appreciate it. I looked more in depth at some of those items. I have a fairly large dent in my radiator and a significant amount of the fins are pressed in and flattened. I have found that my gauge is also not reliable. It sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. And isn't accurate. Probably need a new sending unit. I had a 195 thermostat in the truck at first. Put the 160 in to see if I could discern the issue. Plan to put a 180 in eventually. I think I will go ahead and buy a new rad. I hadn't planned to do it quite yet but I have a set of heads and a cam I planned to slap in there. I don't think I'll worry about the gauge at the moment. I plan to replace all the gauges anyway, may just do that now and put off the suspension and gears for the moment.

Thanks again for all the info

Gavin

It Never Ends
Reaction score
If you get one for a 7.4L, 3500, HD, etc. Make sure to not get the extended filler neck. You won't be closing your hood if you do.