Cam upgrade??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on a 454 TB. Do you need the base for it to work?
I'm not sure what you mean by "base". The 454 TB is 50mm, I've seen where guys have bored their manifold to 50mm. Unless you're looking to build a high revving monster, IMO you don't need one, you'll have fun getting it to idle properly.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by "base". The 454 TB is 50mm, I've seen where guys have bored their manifold to 50mm. Unless you're looking to build a high revving monster, IMO you don't need one, you'll have fun getting it to idle properly.
My marine TBIs had a perfect idle even on a 305 with a 7747. They are 2" bore late model 454 style TBIs.

Casey Price

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe it is a mounting plate. But now i see everything is the same as the smaller ones. Guess I'm nervous I'm not going to have it running right when I do the swap. It's my daily and going to do the swap on the weekend.