Cam Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aidan Kesler

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 350 with a multi port fuel injection, everything else is stock. I was wondering what a good cam would be for that motor. If at all possible, I would like a cam that would lope pretty good and make decent streetable power.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
Need more info. What do you want it to do. What kinda truck is it going in. Are you gonna put a different converter in. How are you gonna tune for it. Etc.

Aidan Kesler

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need more info. What do you want it to do. What kinda truck is it going in. Are you gonna put a different converter in. How are you gonna tune for it. Etc.
Well i dont want to have to go through a huge tuning process, so I'd like to avoid that if possible. It is an automatic with 4l60e, going in a 95 chevy regular cab. I just want streetability, good torque, good overall power, good power range. I don't want a different converter going in.

Awest623

Reaction score
Well i dont want to have to go through a huge tuning process, so I'd like to avoid that if possible. It is an automatic with 4l60e, going in a 95 chevy regular cab. I just want streetability, good torque, good overall power, good power range. I don't want a different converter going in.

Ok. Any can that's big enough to be "lopey" is definitely going to need a tune and a different converter

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 350 with a multi port fuel injection, everything else is stock
Is this a Vortec engine or a TBI going into a 95? You mentioned MPFI so, I'm guessing Vortec with Vortec heads and roller cam? What PCM are you using?

Aidan Kesler

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this a Vortec engine or a TBI going into a 95? You mentioned MPFI so, I'm guessing Vortec with Vortec heads and roller cam? What PCM are you using?
Not sure, the guy we bought it from just said "careful it has a lot of power" and it sure enough has more than stock. I believe it is a tbi motor just with an aftermarket MPFI throttle body, injectors and intake. It is an enlarged throttle body and has 8 injectors that feed into the intake runners, 2 for each runner.

Awest623

Reaction score
Nahhhh really? I've seen people use big cams in stock tbi's and do just fine?

I don't know anything about tuning a tbi engine. I do know that to get any of the performance advantage from a cam you need to tune the computer and have an appropriate stall converter. The VE table(s) will need work, along with spark and possibly even injection timing.

Awest623

Reaction score
I know the stock tuning can handle the marine cam no problem. Although it won't sound lopey at all. It's still a relatively small cam. Same one that comes in the ht383 and ramjet 350.

I actually have a marine cam I just pulled out of my truck. Idk exactly how many miles I put on it. Around 5k if I had to guess. Still in perfect condition. If you're interested I can sell it for $75 + shipping.

I also have a computer that's tuned for it from black bear performance. But it's out of a 98 so it won't work with your 95.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GriffisClnCo