Cam Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

884x4310ci

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That intake looks like the old school Edelbrock mpfi conversion. That used the stock throttle body with fuel injection pic removed.
it used the stock ecu with a reprogrammed prom.

Aidan Kesler

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That intake looks like the old school Edelbrock mpfi conversion. That used the stock throttle body with fuel injection pic removed.
it used the stock ecu with a reprogrammed prom.
It's a holley setup, but yeah. We need to replace the injectors, but I want to put a cam in it. Like a XE262h or XE268H with stock torque converter.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Times like these, set a budget. Plan around that. At this point, any 5.3-6.0 LS swap would make so much more power for the money.
It would take a nice 6.0L to run with a well planned 350 small block. Given the single plane MPFI intake system that fuel system in the truck is easily capable of supporting well over 450 hp with an injector upgrade.

I have put a 2 door 4 wheel drive Tahoe into the mid 12s with that injection setup, a decent set of aluminum heads and a fairly mild cam.

Aidan Kesler

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would take a nice 6.0L to run with a well planned 350 small block. Given the single plane MPFI intake system that fuel system in the truck is easily capable of supporting well over 450 hp with an injector upgrade.

I have put a 2 door 4 wheel drive Tahoe into the mid 12s with that injection setup, a decent set of aluminum heads and a fairly mild cam.
All I want to do now is replace injectors and do a cam swap to the XE262h and then I'll be fine until next rebuild which is another 150K miles.