Cam Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyDude84

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info got a little better understanding... I will continue reading up, from what I gather and what everyone is saying... to get more lift with the stock intake, I need to either get 1.5 or 1.6 rollers ( I have read 1.6's are noisy/clearance issues) any truth to this? and I have also heard to just get the 1.5's and call it good. Also upgrading to bee hive springs... so here is my questions ( I will list to make it easier)

1.) What size rollers do you guys recommend? 1.5 or 1.6?

2.) what springs should I get as a good replacment

3.) How much extra lift will the rockers and springs give me

4.) Is there a parts kit or a certain brand you guys recommend? ( links is possible please)

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1. 1.5, I don't think you need the extra lift if your getting a cam. If you want more lift get a bigger cam.
2. Get the springs that are recommended for the cam you choose.
3. The right springs & retainers will allow for a bigger lift cam, something like .500, someone ells can chime in on that one.
4. I like Howards Racing Cams, never had any problems, if you use all their stuff you get a guarantee, they are super helpful if you want to talk to them, and there made in the USA.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Thanks for the info got a little better understanding... I will continue reading up, from what I gather and what everyone is saying... to get more lift with the stock intake, I need to either get 1.5 or 1.6 rollers ( I have read 1.6's are noisy/clearance issues) any truth to this? and I have also heard to just get the 1.5's and call it good. Also upgrading to bee hive springs... so here is my questions ( I will list to make it easier)

1.) What size rollers do you guys recommend? 1.5 or 1.6?

2.) what springs should I get as a good replacment

3.) How much extra lift will the rockers and springs give me

4.) Is there a parts kit or a certain brand you guys recommend? ( links is possible please)
Gonna clear up some things...
First, it is rockers, not rollers, that come in different ratios. 1.6 ratio rockers will give you more lift with your current cam. If you're replacing the cam, you can just get more lift on your 1.5 rockers, eliminating the benefit of going to 1.6 ratio (just like Crash said, get it in the cam, not the rockers)
2) Depends on what you go with for a cam. They need to be 'matched' to the cam you choose
3) 1.6 rockers will give you another 6.66% of lift, springs will tolerate more lift in the cam, but won't actually GIVE you any.
4) Don't know.

ChevyDude84

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gonna clear up some things...
First, it is rockers, not rollers, that come in different ratios. 1.6 ratio rockers will give you more lift with your current cam. If you're replacing the cam, you can just get more lift on your 1.5 rockers, eliminating the benefit of going to 1.6 ratio (just like Crash said, get it in the cam, not the rockers)
2) Depends on what you go with for a cam. They need to be 'matched' to the cam you choose
3) 1.6 rockers will give you another 6.66% of lift, springs will tolerate more lift in the cam, but won't actually GIVE you any.
4) Don't know.

Thanks for the clarification, I have seen some kits that come with the cam, springs, and ROCKERS, still deciding on a cam would like it to be a one and done deal so I wont have to screw with it again. (Still taking suggestions on that) (not like we are dealing with servers and domain controller issues eh wagon? ;) )