Burbalade Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i was gonne plate and gusset it. the ord ones are all gusseted by the time you spend 20 bucks in sheet metal for the thing with a spare hanger laying around youll still be a bit cheaper than the ords i do believe.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
If anyone is wondering, here's the correct placement for a 1/2 ton UCA bracket on a 3/4 ton.
You must be registered for see images

And here's my progress for the day:

Hopefully I don't work too late tomorrow so I can get this front end finished up.
Going out to the pick n pull Saturday to look for a dually rear end.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
You're going to cut up the brackets to fit the 3/4 ton control arm mounts on the frame, right?

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Eh, no. They're spaced out about 1/2" from the frame right now and missing the front bolt, which makes them weaker than when they were properly installed on a k1500, but cutting them up to fit them flush with the frame would limit my camber adjustment and weaken them to the point where I wouldn't even want to drive it to a shop to get them welded on. Since this is weaker than stock, I will be taking it to a shop to have some bracing welded on, and it's strong enough that I feel comfortable driving it to the shop.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not cut the uca bracket in the middle, fit it in the stock pockets an then brace up/rebuild the middle?

Maybe I'm missing something though? :shrug:

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
I was just thinking last night on how a escalade/denali clip would look on a lifted truck..............and i love it. nice work cant wait to see it done.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Because there'd be nothing to stop the front half from swinging all over the place until it's welded on. To get it to tuck in flush to the 3/4 ton frame like it would on a 1/2 ton, I'd have to cut past the existing tab for the cam plates, which would leave my upper control arms sliding in and out.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Lost me right at the point where you're mixing 1500 and 2500 front suspension pieces although I'm interested to see what comes out of it...