Burbalade Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

This is going to take a while. Have to clean, strip, and repaint everything first, then have to have it cut and welded in place.

6" RCX lift with complete 1/2 ton front end to those of you wondering. I'm keeping the brackets and selling the rest since I'm going to use my 3/4 ton front end. Then will probably use the beefed up Rancho 1/2 ton upper control arms I bought a couple weeks ago.

jonocanna

Reaction score
so i dont know if it has been asked yet but on the 2500HD wheels how did you paint those and what did you use? they look really good i have some on my truck but i would love to paint them like that.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
For prep I simply washed them with soap and water and scuffed up the surface with a cheapo scrubby pad that was lying around the shop, then rinsed and dried them. Then sprayed them with a single thick coat of Rustoleum primer, followed by three thin coats of Rustoleum's High Heat Ultra.

They were a tad bit glossy for my taste at first but after about a month that gloss wore down and I loved the finish. Held up great too!

jonocanna

Reaction score
For prep I simply washed them with soap and water and scuffed up the surface with a cheapo scrubby pad that was lying around the shop, then rinsed and dried them. Then sprayed them with a single thick coat of Rustoleum primer, followed by three thin coats of Rustoleum's High Heat Ultra.

They were a tad bit glossy for my taste at first but after about a month that gloss wore down and I loved the finish. Held up great too!

They look great in the pics. Thanks for the info. Any specific color or are they just black? Think I might do this soon or at least the next time I get tires.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Just black High Heat Ultra, which has a semi-gloss finish to it.

New headlight housings and corner lenses:

Getting a lot more light to the road now.

Lift progress:
Have Bilstein 5100s for the front and the steering assembly is on the way.
Got it mostly torn down, UCAs stripped and painted, though now I'm thinking about trying to get 2500 UCA brackets from another lift.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Shortened my wiper arm so I could run a 24" blade. Needed to take the first bend out to get it that far back, I'll probably skip that on the passenger side and just run a 22".

Steering stabilizer is on the way, if all goes as planned I may be putting the lift on next weekend.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
Like a boss. I almost did that with mine but 22s were a great improvement already.

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice looking burb love it keep up the work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: