Burbalade Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Thanks man.

Got started with the lift, ended up dropping $170 on tools specifically for this install. Didn't realize just how much cancer was hiding under my front end. Driver's hub came out without too much of a fuss, but two of the bolts on the passenger side refuse to budge, and each of those two is responsible for the death of a 15mm socket. Axle nuts wouldn't budge until a little heat was applied. Now I'm a little stuck due to the steering link refusing to separate with the pitman arm. A pickle fork and large hammer couldn't even convince it, seems like there's a polyurethane bushing on the ball joint?

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
take two pickle fork and just start wailing on it, itll suck and you might break a fork but itll come off. a large large hammer and swing from a distance and itll pop off like it should.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Well this is where I'm starting off today, even though most of the day has already been lost to work. I'm about to go to Sears to get those two sockets replaced and see if I can find a beefy 6pt 15mm socket for a 1/2" drive so I don't break any more. Then going to see if I can go ahead and get the diff drop hangers made, hopefully I've they wont cost too much as this project has already cost double what I expected it to and my funds are running low.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Front end all torn out, time to start cutting.

8.25 vs 9.25:

ridin_low07

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coming to the end of this thread has made me exceedingly sad. But you have the most badass burb I have ever seen in my life. Call me a biter because as soon as I can start saving the funds I will be following very closely.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Shouldn't be much longer on the front. Ordering ORD shackle flip for the rear later this week.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Thought about doing that but there's not much frame to bite to right there, so I still wouldn't be comfortable without having some bracing welded in. The 3/4 ton Burb is a lot heavier than a 1/2 ton pickup, and it's something I really don't want to worry about when pulling a boat, so the peace of mind and being able to put it on myself and be done with it is well worth the price.