Bumper Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Your gonna have a hell of a time getting that dent out being you have a nice crease in it. With the time and labor in getting it right you are probably better off getting a new one. So you don't have as much down time have the new fender painted off of the truck and when you get it back strip the damaged one, put new on and hot damn your on the road in no time.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wouldnt mess around with it man. Id head straight to the gm dealer, new fender and bumper.

Cant afford it just wait and drive it, just has some character added to it now. :lol:

Fleeingpepper

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh I was gonna try to bang it out because I'm lazy and don't wanna go looking for one at a junkyard or something. Not be exact, just make it a little better than it is now. I was thinking just get one that's already painted. Don't even have to paint it then. Plus I have no idea how to even begin with the painting of it.
I've been driving it since I pulled the bumper away from the tire. Hated driving the convertible for three days.

Reaction score
You should be able to get a new one painted off the truck for pretty cheap. My uncle hooked me up for my buddies Ford van, got a new fender for $48 and he painted it for free. Ended up cost me $48 and 2 cases of brews, not a bad deal. I can ask him what he could get one painted for if you want. Unless your real close it would have to be shipped to you but if he can do it, I am sure it wouldn't cost to much.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
I don't want to admit it but the strap and bumper thing worked out a lot better than I realized... But the tree was replaced with my Jeep...

Fleeingpepper

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah..after much experimentation I figured that one out. My ratchet set went from 17 straight to 19. There's also 21mm bolts in there too.
I didn't get all the holes to line up so all the bolts aren't back in, but the bumper is pretty solid in there.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm glad you took my advice! You can put the hooks on the top of the bumper to pull it down if its still angled way up. Lookin good man