Bumper Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Id just get an oem from a junkyard and leave the valence imo.

edit: and yes that one from an 88 will work

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Im feeling you on the bumper situation, But mine is due to my own actions....... But right now Im gonna tag along with your thread instead of making my own... I know my frame is warped right now, but Im going to concentrate on the bumper since you get to see that... It got dented and roughed up bad enough to peel metal back and start rusting, Ill grab some pics later... Im thinking about hammering it out to near perfection, weld all the holes up, scuff it up really f'n good, body work it and paint it. OR fix the rust and slap some rattle can on it to stop it, and get one of these http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SSE-950-70101/?rtype=1 Its a fiberglass/urethane cover thats paintable, Slap over it and call it good. What do you guys think about this?

(I gotta go to a collision center in town and find out how much I need to fix it, and get it done right. I may have to chop off the frame horn up front to fix my bumper problem, pics later to show yall whats wrong with it...)

edit: or I could get a new bumper from what used to be FBI. http://www.rollpans.com/product.asp?idno=8620

Last edited:

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cody, you can get a new smoothie for a lot cheaper than that.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
I saw that at the old FBI... What do you think about working mine over first?

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
**** man, try it out. See if you can get it back to normal.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
The chrome is messed up bad in front of the driver side frame horn where it met a concrete culvert. Truck won but not without any marks...

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just wrap the strap around itself a couple times it will pull against itself and grip. It will at least get it sitting normal and bend your brackets straight again.

Fleeingpepper

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I bought a strap that had metal hooks on the end. I know, metal hooks scare the crap out of me too! So I made sure nobody was in the line of fire if they popped.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Bend the end out enough to get it out of the tire's way, but the dent is basically right on a mount. And I couldn't get a strap all the way around the bumper. It looks a lot better and I don't need a new grill or turn signal switch. The lights even all work! Still hoping I can beat out the fender. If I do have to replace the fender, do I have to take off the hood to do it? I got a new bumper for $30 with mounts off craigslist too cause the dent wouldn't come out.