Broken Lifter Spider Mounting Hole

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
This guy has got himself laughed off the Mopar sites for being a clown/hack. He ranks right up there with Headbytes who took some mopar guys for a bunch of money then disappeared. Used to go by the screen name Whitepunkonnitro. Used to do part outs, selling parts, and scrap till he found youtube. Forget his last name, bought things from him until he sent me junk parts I couldn't use.

Last edited:

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I'm a big fan of Uncle Tony's Garage. The slant 6 in a Miata was fun to watch!

By the way, if you want to read about those who have welded up cast
iron blocks and then drove them, just click on the "Watch on YouTube"
link and then read the comments below. (Some of the respondents would
be a hoot to hang out with and share a beer during a backyard BBQ. :0)

The longer I'm in the old car/truck hobby, the more I enjoy learning about
the mechanics behind the machines. And the more they are a little off the
beaten path...the better. I can identify with those who see something
busted and won't take 'No Go' for an answer. :)

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This guy has got himself laughed off the Mopar sites for being a clown. He ranks right up there with Headbytes who took some mopar guys for a bunch of money. Used to go by the screen name Whitepunkonnitro. Used to do part outs, selling parts, and scrap till he found youtube. Forget his last name, bought things from him until he sent me junk parts I couldn't use.
i tried to watch him, i just couldn't do it...

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Uncle Tony's Garage. The slant 6 in a Miata was fun to watch!

By the way, if you want to read about those who have welded up cast
iron blocks and then drove them, just click on the "Watch on YouTube"
link and then read the comments below. (Some of the respondents would
be a hoot to hang out with and share a beer during a backyard BBQ. :0)

The longer I'm in the old car/truck hobby, the more I enjoy learning about
the mechanics behind the machines. And the more they are a little off the
beaten path...the better. I can identify with those who see something
busted and won't take 'No Go' for an answer. :)
He is the run what ya brung type of guy, and I'm sure some of his info helps some people. But some of it is crude and hella unorthodox. You can only get so "down and dirty" with stuff until down and dirty" fixes are the issue. Given choices I normally will choose the better fix that doesn't turn into another worry. Doing what you can to get through race day is a bit different. Like you, "Epoxies" just have to see it, in a wet environment, a year from now. Definitive, repeatable, results.

Last edited:

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kinda looks like it had oil in the hole and the hydrostatic pressure built up to a point where the cast iron couldn't contain it. My WAG anyway.

You can pick up a roll of stainless flux core wire for fairly cheap on scamazon. High nickel content is better for cast iron. I am not a welder so take that advice for what it's worth. (Nothing.)

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In the op's pic looks like it been drilled and looks like there's something still in the hole. Broken tap/extractor? Idk, but looks very much like when you drill a broken extrator, the bit jams, side loads everything, and you fracture the cast. Very much looks like what happened here, cranking down with a wrench I could see the head snapping off, not all this, Impact tool, too long bolt maybe, but never say never either. Stranger things have happened. Pics can be deceiving also.. When you got one chance left don't waste it. Even with the loctite products, they're designed around specific applications with specific parameters with proper assemblies. Not saying it wouldn't help but you're using it outside it's parameters if trying to fix a problematic assembly and there's no guarantee that comes with that. Another thing with cracks, really need to dress them out and/or drill stop them so they don't continue to propagate under a repair. Doesn't matter the substrate. Plastic, metal, fiberglass.

Last edited: