Broke my Hazard light switch... help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah it was bad because my switch broke and I live in dorms so my horn kept honking and making people mad haha

hey man did you put any of that dielectric grease or whatever on the switch before you popped it in there or not? wasnt sure if your supposed to or not, that s10 forum link had mentioned to smear it all over it but i wasnt sure?

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
mine didnt come with any either i just wasnt sure, reason i was wondering is im the type of person who is like oh id if its supposed to go on the whole thing or just in certain places, just didnt wanna something up lol

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well i tried, i put it in and sure enough the hazard lights work when its in one position, but no matter what position its in the turn signals dont work (unless im holding the piece down as far as itll go.

guess i must have fuc ked up something inside the multifunction switch when i was trying to see how hard it was to remove......well im just gonna let the mechanic screw with it bc im kinda frustrated with it

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
That's what it sounds like. Something must be screwed up in the multi function switch.

x2. They are pretty fragile.

I had the hazard switch break and it screwed up my horn and signals. Did the old tape around the column routine but that only kinda worked.

Ended up doing the same thing except I popped one out of a parts truck. It came pretty easy with a flathead screwdriver. Popped back into my column, too easy.

UrbanBurban

Reaction score
Has anyone who replaced the part experience a hyperflash in one of the blinkers? When i used my left blinker, the left one hyperflashes and stay on.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
I have. It is just a loose connection that happens sometimes. Especially when I tilt my wheel. It didnt do it with the first one, but the second one I did does it every once in a while. I just wiggle the Hazard button a bit and it goes away. Its just the connections loose inside the column. Only way to really fix that is to replace the entire multifunction switch.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has anyone who replaced the part experience a hyperflash in one of the blinkers? When i used my left blinker, the left one hyperflashes and stay on.

On That issue id check the bulbs and if they are good and the thing is stuck on even after you push the lever back to normal position? may have to replace the whole multifunction switch like i did

btw after replacing it it fixed my problem!