Broke my Hazard light switch... help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
well keep us updated if it works because ill save the part number! we may have gotten the wrong one who knows!

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
We fellas, you'll be glad to hear IT WORKED!!

Here's how it broke, had to pull the red plastic up and out of the switch.

You must be registered for see images attach

With the new one

WaaaaaLaaaah!

Literally a five minute job. Needle nose pliers to pull out the old one, new one popped right back in its place.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hmm the red piece on mine isnt broke but if i try to push it down it wont stay and keep the hazards on, hell it doesnt even turn em on, im gonna try and pull the piece out and hopefully i can just replace that instead of spending like 90 something on the multifunction switch!

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hell ya!!! I got the piece out and weird thing, as i was pulling it out my horn started honking (it doesnt work when i push the airbag) does this little hazard piece ground out the horn or something? i kept sliding the piece back in and out (that sounds bad i know) and the horn would go off if i held it in a certain spot......strange

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Yes if you push it too far to te right (towards the ignition) it triggers the horn, and too far to the left it will send power to your truck as if you just turned the key forward. I'm not sure if you can pull it and your turn signals and brake lights still work, but it's worth a shot. I ordered two and am keeping a spare in the toolbox.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
I believe somewhere in there it just triggers stuff in the multi function switch if it's pushed the wrong way. But the new one pops right back in it's place, clicks in and tadaa! New hazard switch.