brakes pulsating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
My rotors get heat checked before they warp, little cracks forming on the face of the rotor. I assume from towing. That or I drive like an *******.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
"When the ABS control module detects a difference in the average speed of the rear wheels compared to the vehicle's overall speed, it initiates antilock braking." https://www.aa1car.com/library/abs_kelseyhayes_rwal.htm has a very good explanation of how the Kelsey-Hayes RWAL system works.
A good description of the RWAL system here >>
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

At 30min 50s (if it it doesn't open there).

Last edited:

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well all has been well since bleeding, but now has slowly came back in the last few days
WHAT has "slowly came back"? The pulsation? Is it the ABS activating when it doesn't need to? If so, fix the ABS. Likely a wheel-speed sensor problem, but could be other things.

If it's not the ABS, apply the park brake slowly at ~15 mph--where safe. As the park brake is pushed further, does the pulsation occur? Yes--rear brake problem. No--front brake problem.

If it's the rear, get the drums cut or replaced, and verify that there's no rust between drum and axle flange or hub, or between wheel and drum. Torque the lug nuts evenly. See what happens.

If it's the front, check rotor runout and thickness variation, or just cut/replace the rotors. Assure no rust between rotor and hub, or between wheel and rotor. Torque the lug nuts evenly. See what happens.