brake peddle vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

westsoundred

Reaction score
first off, I'm new and thank you for having me!

Now to my issue. I have a 1992 short box k1500 that I recently replaced the brakes on. I replaced drums, shoes, pads and rotors. However, the brake vibration I had before the brake job still persists. Any ideas what I might be chasing here?

Also, the brake light is coding me 9 flashes. I have a speed sensor ordered. Will that fix it? I replaced the abs module a month ago and it did not fix the code.

thanks,,

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
If you replaced the abs module yourself, you have air in the system. Unless you have access to one of those fancy scan tools that will cycle the abs unit to allow you to fully bleed the system

Chewy11B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well the "vibration" you are feeling could be the abs module activating based on losing speed signal. Is there and audible noise heard with your vibration, or is it just in pedal?

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
It is a '92 it does not have 4 wheel disc brakes, it has RWAL. Unplug the RWAL module under the hood, that will eliminate any RWAL input on the system. Let me find my RWAL manual and I can get you better info, if you want it, let me know

As far as the "vibration" is it a pedal pulsation where the pedal moves up and down rapidly or is it a vibration in the truck when the brakes are applied?

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
first off, I'm new and thank you for having me!

Now to my issue. I have a 1992 short box k1500 that I recently replaced the brakes on. I replaced drums, shoes, pads and rotors. However, the brake vibration I had before the brake job still persists. Any ideas what I might be chasing here?

Also, the brake light is coding me 9 flashes. I have a speed sensor ordered. Will that fix it? I replaced the abs module a month ago and it did not fix the code.

thanks,,

I believe that code 9 is an open speed sensor circuit.

westsoundred

Reaction score
1)I replaced the speed sensor tonight, unplugged the battery and the brake light is off. Now, I didnt drive it too long so it may come back on.

2) the pulsing is in the pedal big time, but prior to replacing the drums, it was in my ass. I need to pay attention to exactly what is going on but I do know its different the a rotor pulse, it doesn't seem to change with speed.

thank you guys. This is frustrating. I love this truck. I bought it used and it reminds me of the first (and only) new truck my dad ever bought; a 1993 K2500 in the sane Victory Red. 5 sp, mines a auto

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
May seem like a silly question but are you sure the new front rotors are good? I've heard of cases where people installed brand new rotors that were slightly warped fresh out of the box and had similar experiences.

westsoundred

Reaction score
I’m not sure if it is the new rotors. I was hoping not, since they were ordered from rock auto.

Eta: I managed to get in at Les Schwab for a tire balance, I’m going to have them check the rotors

Last edited: